Become an Energy Hero!
This is how it works:
To calculate the power consumption and savings potential, we only need your city’s population to provide you with a reliable result.
The calculator is based on these figures (Disclaimer)
Please note that this is a non-binding model for an estimated illustration of the 1-Watt-Technology in traffic lights and its saving potential. Legally binding statements are not associated with this model calculation. In addition, the 1-Watt-Technology can only be used in some countries, as only here are the corresponding standards of the associated controllers given. We have made the following assumptions for the model:
- The very widespread 230V LED technology is compared with our 1-Watt-Technology for traffic signal systems
- Burning time per traffic light per year: 8,760 hours (full utilization)
- Burning time share: 40%
- Resulting burning time for this calculator: 3,504 hours per year
- Number of LED inserts per traffic light: 52
Electricity price and costs
One challenge our energy calculator for traffic lights can’t respond to is the current highly volatile electricity price. For this reason, we won’t calculate any results in terms of electricity costs.
Calculating the potential savings in energy
In order to obtain the possible savings potential for your city with the above assumptions, in the last step we extrapolate the electricity and CO2 savings per traffic light described above to the number of inhabitants in your city. This is done under the assumption that one signal light is needed per 1,000 inhabitants:
- We assume one traffic light per 1,000 inhabitants of your city (this assumption is Central European standard and thus meaningful).
This results in the following formula:
- Number of inhabitants in thousands /1 000
= Number of traffic lights for your city.
- Number of traffic lights for your city *
energy and CO2 consumption per traffic light
for 230V and 1-Watt
- Total energy and CO2 consumption with pure use of 230V traffic lights –
Total energy and CO2 consumption with pure use of 1-Watt traffic lights = potential savings in energy and CO2
For UK countries:
Our 1-Watt-Technology is known under the name Retrofit in the UK. Since the technology of the fitting traffic controllers is different, the 1-Watt-Technology can’t be applied. Read more about our Retrofit solution.
This is how you save energy and CO2 emissions with our 1-Watt-Technology
Economical, safe and compact, our LED signal heads are effective in all areas of application. Thanks to the Very-Low-Power design, only 1 to 2 watts of energy are consumed per light signal, up to 80% less than previous 230-volt LED signals.
Energy & CO2 calculator
for traffic lights
This is what your city can save in energy and CO2 with our 1-Watt-Technology. Simply enter your city’s population and discover your savings potential: